Happy Spring!

Monday, April 5, 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend, and are enjoying the beautiful spring weather! It was lovely here, and the Easter Bunny was kind enough to spare my children the baskets of candy, and provided them instead with an egg hunt, some beautiful books, and a Live Butterfly Kit by Insect Lore. We have to send away for the caterpillers, but I am looking forward to watching them grow and transform with my little ones! I will post photos to update you on their progress as we go along.

In the spirit of spring, I am participating in the collaborative project A Blog A Tree between I plant a tree and ITSTH in order to reduce my energy footprint! They are partnering to plant a tree for each blog that participates. Even more exciting, you can choose the species of tree for them to plant: pine tree, oak tree, robinia, or beech tree. I chose Robinia because their flowers are lovely, but it was a tough choice. Want to get involved? Simply blog about their project, follow the link to enter your blog and select your tree, and post your button to let others know about the project!

"The land is where our roots are. The children must be taught to feel and live in harmony with the Earth."
~Dr. Maria Montessori

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Simply Montessori All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger