Favorites

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

 {Image via RiverLuna}

Welcome to some of my favorite things!
Admit it,  I just made you think of brown paper packages and whiskers on kittens. 
Or, that was just me? Drats.

This is a dynamic list that will be added to and changed with my discoveries and test runs, and will only be filled with items that have been used myself and/or my family members and found to be fabulous.

I will be adding a lot more to this list in the future.

Oh, and I gave myself permission to include non-Montessori and non-child related items as well, so have a look around, you never know what you will find!

{By the way, many of my links are from Amazon.  I am an admitted Amazon addict, as I find their prices are usually the best, especially since I have the Amazon Mom free 2 day shipping benefit.  I have also found their customer service to be very helpful many times over, so that's why I use them.)


Saving Money in general:

Once you join the site, check ebates to see if where you want to shop is giving cash back right now.  You get a check mailed to your home!  It works just like Bing cashback used to.  I've been very happy with it!

For the Kids
We use these as a moveable alphabet!
All my little ones slept much better when swaddled when very young, and this made it easy.
I think it just made them feel more secure.  They did sleep co-sleep at night, for us swaddling is/was used primarily during daytime naps.
Big Fan of Baby-Wearing. This is a very neat and secure-feeling wrap. 
I also love:
Lasted through 4 babies.  I prefer this to use with infants, and when they get larger/heavier I use the Ergo Baby Carrier.  This is washable, but black does hide wear.
Ergo Baby Carrier
Wow, do I love this thing.  When the babies are a little bigger I move from the Baby Bjorn to this.  It gives me strain-free wear, and flexibility to use in a front carry, side-hip carry, or back carry position.  And, it has a sun/rain/sleep snap on hood, and a pocket for a credit card, glasses, or keys on the front.  Did I mention I love this thing?
Tummy Tub
I devoted a whole post to it here.

Children's Books
Orion's Stars
Currently only available on Kindle, this is a very sweet short story that is the perfect length for a bedtime tale.  The cover is pretty, and the story inside weaves a subtle lesson and reflects appreciation for the earth and each other.
Goodnight Moon
Both one of my daughters' favorite, a bedtime routine-builder.  Simple, but lovely.
Another simple book that really strikes a chord in my girls.
We have tons of these, and they ask me to reread every one over and over.
There is something really compelling about the way these are presented-simple yet factual.  Plus the transparent pages inside are super cool!
We did buy a lot of ours off ebay.
Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book (Pictureback(R))
Seasons
Read my detailed review on this book!


On My Bookshelf Right Now
Mind Of My Own-Frances England
My new favorite!
You Are My Little Bird-Elizabeth Mitchell
Mother Bird Song-The Dreamtree Shakers
In My Arms-Plumb
See You On The Moon-Great Lake Swimmers
My Family-Laurie Berkner
Little Wonders-Rob Thomas
Dream A Little Dream Of Me-Indie Lullabies
The Friendship Song-Carbon Leaf
Peace Will Come-Dog On Fleas
Three Is A Magic Number-Blind Melon
It Only Takes One Night to Make a Balloon Your Friend-Lunch Money
You and Me and a Bottle of Bubbles-Lunch Money
Smile-Laurie Berkner
If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out-Cat Stevens
I've Been Everywhere-Johnny Cash
Three Little Birds-Bob Marley
Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World-Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Life Less Ordinary-Carbon Leaf
Say Hey (I Love You)-Michael Franti & Spearhead
Better Together-Jack Johnson
Family Tree-Frances England
Counting By Fives-Little Miss Ann
Free MP3 albums from Amazon.com
What is better than free?

Household
Black & Decker 15.6V Cordless Hand Vacuum Cleaner
I use this in the kitchen to pick up crumbs, and in the van to pick up sand.
Stick Vacuums
Great for letting children help with the vacuuming- no moving parts to give ouchies and they are lightweight, adjustable, and easy to push.  In my post I talk about the one we purchased and gave links to other options.
Haan FS20 Plus Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer with Deluxe Sanitizing Tray
With 4 little ones crawling all over the place, I like to know that the floors are really clean.

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS
Emeals really helps me out with my food budget and meal planning.







0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Simply Montessori All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger