Haiku

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What a wonderful way to declutter your mind and write only the important, the essentials.

Rules (although the season word is not always used):
3-short lines
1-season word
no rhyme or metaphor
(17 syllables, 5-7-5)

I just love how one can say so much in only a few words.
Some of my favorites....
(I attributed the author where known):

Young Lovers
Brush pink petals
Confetti
-unknown

After the storm
A boy wiping the sky
From the tables
- Darko Plazanin

Snow melts.
Suddenly, the village
is full of children.
-Issa

Within plum orchard,
Sturdy oak takes no notice
Of flowering blooms
-Basho

The teacher surveys
Thick fallen snow
Thousand test papers
-unknown

I kill an ant
and realize my three children
have been watching.
-Shuson Kato

Autumn wind …
the widow sweeps the same leaves
again and again
-Zhanna Rader

Haiku is simply beautiful. Try writing one today by yourself, or with your child. I'd love you to post one!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Simply Montessori All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger